Every knitter needs a place to keep needles handy and organized. With places for circular needles, DPNs and interchangeable sets, this needle organizer will be the envy of your knit group!
If you work with circular needles or have an interchangeable circular set, you realize the importance of giving the cords ample room. Choose a combination of four total pages. (Dont’ be intimadated by the zippers...this is an easy technique to try it the first time!)
Two pages are dedicated to interchangeable sets of needles—one for the tips and one for the cords. Then make a pocket page just for DPNs! Now the only time you won’t be able to find a needle is when it’s still in a project!
Also see the pattern for straight needles and DPNs—a simple project with wonderful organization.
Digital PDF Pattern
21% off $21 or more! See discount code in cart.
1 2/3 yards of darker fabric (for spine, edges and some pages)
- If using linen, also buy same amount of woven interfacing.
- If making two pocket pages, buy 2 yards.
- Cotton or silk: 1/2 yard each, of three prints or solids
- 1 yard fusible fleece
- Zippers (1-3) 9” zippers (metal, polyester or “sport”)
- 1" Grid Interfacing: 2/3 yd
- Pressing sheet
- Craft interfacing (Peltex), 2-sided fusible: 12” x 20”
- 1 yard nylon screen fabric (for windows or pets) or other mesh fabric
- Velcro: 6” per pocket page
- Piping: 2 yards (1/8” diameter)
- Zipper foot
- Sewing clips
- Needle: topstitch
- Thread: 40-wt
- Other sewing supplies: scissors, rotary cutter, cutting mat & rulers, pins, turning tool (pockets)
If double-stitching covers
- Thread x 2 spools
- Twin Needle
- Small cording foot (optional)
- Binding makers: 3/4” & 3/8”