Make something easy and practical with only four fat quarters of fabric!
Measuring only about 18" x 20-22" and sold pre-cut in most quilt shops, fat quarters are a quick low-cost purchase. Choose four from your stash or shop for new ones! Four half-yard cuts is enough for two totes.
This tote is large enough for letter-sized notebooks, so it’s a good size for everyday functionality. With one outer pocket and one inside, this tote helps with organization too. For the outer pocket, choose to customize it with an initial with embroidery or appliqué, or let the fabric be the star.
This pattern is pefect for your first tote project! It will introduce you to easy patch pockets, a quick and sturdy method for the straps, and the construction for the corners is a personal favorite and easy to do!
Digital PDF Pattern
21% off $21 or more! See discount code in cart.
- Four fat quarters (18" x 20-22")
- Woven interfacing 20" x 48" (Pellon SF101 Shapeflex)
- Fusible cotton batting: 17" x 24" for lining
- Thread: 40-wt
- Machine sewing needle: topstitch
- Other sewing supplies: scissors, rotary cutter, cutting mat, pins, turning tool (for pockets)
- Embroidery floss for pocket initial
"The 4-Q tote makes a very cute bag. It would be fun to add embellishment to the pocket for a gift! I am already thinking about other fat quarters that would be cute combinations!" - Jan