This sturdy tote will stand up for easy access to your next favorite project!
It only looks complicated! Most pockets are simply rectangular shapes of fabric topstitched to the tote. Exterior pockets include: inset zipper pocket, fold-over pocket and a flap pocket. Interior pockets are simple patch pockets.
And don’t let the zippers scare you. Both zippers are surprisingly easy to install! You’ll love having a recessed zipper along the top and the inset zipper pocket is so handy.
Using various techniques, you will learn how to make four different pockets. Then you can apply your new skills to other projects in the future.
The tote will fit letter-size pages (8.5" x 11") and is perfect for keeping any project together and handy.
Digital PDF Pattern
21% off $21 or more! See discount code in cart.
Linen/cotton Blend 1
- 30" (of 42–44"wide) for top & straps
Linen/cotton Blend 2
- 22" (of 42–44"wide)
- 1 yd. (tote lining)
- 1/4 yd. of 2-3 fabrics for pocket linings
- Shapeflex fusible woven interfacing: 3 yds.
- Zippers - metal / purse
- 9" for pocket
- 18" for top of tote, single slide (separating zipper ok)
- Foam interfacing: (2) 20" x 12"
- Peltex: 1/2 yd x 20" wide, 1-sided fusible
- Button: 2"
- 1/4"w elastic headband
- Turning Tool
- Zipper foot
- Thread: 40-wt cotton or poly-blend
- Sturdy pins or clips
- 6" x 24" grid ruler
- 1/4" wide Wonder Tape