Don't you just love totes?
Like many of you, after using various totes for years, I’ve discovered the materials, features and size that I prefer for different uses. For this pattern, I really wanted to gather many of the things that have become my must-haves and put them all in one tote!
• So I needed a bag that stood up on its own - for my knitting projects,
so the yarn could be pulled from the ball inside the tote. So foam interfacing became the softly structured component of this tote.
• Then I also wanted a zipper closure at the top of the bag, but this recessed zipper top works even better - and looks great too!
• Inside, I just needed a couple of simple patch pockets for my accessories
• Outside pockets...well, these are my favorites pockets! One side has a pocket with a large flap and fun large button. The other side has an accessible pocket with a cute foldover top, and above it is a recessed zipper pocket that’s easier to make than you might think!
Though not a pattern for beginners, the pattern walks you through each step of the process. And step by step, you have your own personalized tote!
Patterns from Studio 21 Market include:
- Cutting guides for fabric yardage
- Easy-to-understand instructions
- Professional illustrations
Download the PDF pattern here.
It quite possibly will become your new favorite too!