Tea towels - so fun to collect!
So interesting story...when on a trip to South Africa, specifically Cape Town, I was browsing the tourist shops for a souvenier. Of course, the tote bags caught my eye! But they were pricey and too bulky for my suitcase.
Meandering around the shop, some cute tea towels caught my eye. They were adorable, not too expensive and small enough to buy a few for my luggage. Okay, I paused to think for a minute...and a new tote idea was born!
I could use the cute tea towels and showcase them in a new tote design. Of course, two tea towels could be used for just the front and back of a tote. But I wanted something larger, some contrast fabrics and a few pockets.
• The tea towels wrap around each end, so no side seam on this one. Though the tote may flatten when carried, you can see from the open tote that when in use, the tea towels are very visible in a single glance.
• With straps that attach to the base, this tote can easily carry books or other heavy items.
• Between the straps, I’ve added a pocket on each side, and of course inside pockets too.
Patterns from Studio 21 Market include:
- Cutting guides for fabric yardage
- Easy-to-understand instructions
- Professional illustrations
Download the PDF pattern here.
And have fun making this tote and collecting tea towels with a new purpose!