Spring is always a welcome season after a long winter. Sprouting out of a readiness to embrace the new season, this pattern design came as an idea for my daughter’s springtime bridal shower one year. It gets along playfully with flowers and other citrus.
Or place it outside on a table top for a picnic or other outdoor gatherings.
- Use a variety of citrus colors
- Go ahead and play with patterned fabrics
- Quilting explores a variety of free-motion designs, or use straight-line or circular quilting
- Light-colored bias binding strips keep the focus on the citrus
My favorite appliqué technique is needle-turn using freezer paper. However, instructions are included for quicker machine appliqué also.
Consider this PDF pattern for your next appliqué project and be ready for spring—any time of the year!
Patterns from Studio 21 Market include:
- Cutting guides for fabric yardage
- Full-size patterns for citrus shapes
- Easy-to-understand instructions
- Professional illustrations
Download the PDF pattern.
Enjoy the citrus slice!